Monday, November 14, 2011

My Friend Diana Sullivan MUST Have ESP!

Over the weekend I purchased an online pattern, a mens sweater. Sometimes it is nice to knit someone else's pattern so you don't have to figure things out. Well, was I surprised when I knit the back; HUGE, with the shoulders and neck completely out of whack. So, I emailed the website and put the knitting aside until this morning. I received an email from the website with their apologies and the promise they would fix the pattern immediately, they did!

Before I went to give it another go, I checked Diana's blog and there was this bit she wrote:

Diana's ESP

This evening I read comments on Diana's posting; others have the same issue so I feel better. But, why would a pattern designer leave things out, not proof read, have another knitter test knit the pattern, not include correct row #'s, yarns and tensions they used? I could go on but you get the idea.

Off to eat a slice of pie....

No comments:

Post a Comment