Saturday, May 7, 2016

Check Out Diana's Technique For Shape Lace With Short Rows

Take a look at Diana Sullivan's May video on ravel cord short row shaping of lace.  Great demo, up close, clear and straightforward.

You can use this technique for shaping armholes as well.  When I knit a sweater or vest short row shaping is my method of choice.  I like smooth rounded edges and short row shaping gives us that.  When not knitting lace use the holding method as you decrease and wrap.


P.S. I have had many requests for my whitening formula - now in the "Featured Post" box (on the top right side of my blog), just click!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! If I manage to not drop some stitches, all the way to the end, I can bet money I will, at the end. She, on the other hand, just sail along, and is so relaxed, and it's awesome. Wow, it is just perfect..
    Great video, as always.
    By the way, may you help me to make a right choice?
    Is addi-express professional knitting machine a good machine for making infinity scarves or would the bigger machine be better?

    ReplyDelete